Friday, November 6, 2009

Peterson, Pomeroy No for Now

Peterson voting against health care bill for the sake of his grandkids. Fargo Forum.

He's not alone. More:

Rep. Collin Peterson (D-MN): We Are Adding More Entitlements When We Can't Pay For The Ones We Have Now. "I wish people would quit asking about the public option because it's not what the issue is. This is complete ideology run amuck. The issue is we are not reforming Medicare. We are adding more entitlements without being able to pay for the entitlements we have now." On the Medicare-payment reform studies in the House bill, Peterson added, "There are not reforms there, it's a study. "I mean. I have so many problems with this bill I don't even know where to start - too much government bureaucracy, not making the reforms that we need to make in the health care system overall. "I don't think there's any way that I could support what they're doing unless they start over. That's how bad it is. (Tom Scheck, "Collin Peterson A Firm No On Health Care Bill," Minnesota.publicradio.org, 10/30/09)

Next door in RedState North Dakota Dem Rep. Earl Pomeroy feeling the heat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers