Monday, August 16, 2010

Obama's Land & Water Grab

Growing up in the Midwest, my idea of the West as a child was the wide open spaces. Yes, we visited more than a few national parks. As I got older I tended to visit more cities.

When I had kids of my own, I subscribed to National Geographic for a while. It was good for school projects and I could dream of travel while homebound. The maps were beautiful.

I tacked up some on the basement playroom's walls. They were double-sided so I had to choose. The map on the back of the continental United States was a stunner--the percentage of land owned by the Feds.

Here's another version.

But it's not enough for President Barack Obama, he wants to nationalize still more. Now he's going after New England and still more states. Michelle Malkin:

Have you heard of the “Great Outdoors Initiative”? Chances are, you haven’t. But across the country, White House officials have been meeting quietly with environmental groups to map out government plans for acquiring untold millions of acres of both public and private land. It’s another stealthy power grab through executive order that promises to radically transform the American way of life.

Yet another disastrous power grab. Couple that with the job-killing drilling moratorium on the Gulf and we're well on the way to becoming vassals in our own country.

One of the reasons I started blogging was because I was so outraged at the Kelo decision. I did a rewrite of Woody Guthrie.

Another Tea Party reason for revolt.

Oh, and HUD is mucking around in North Dakota--one of the few states where the economy is doing well, while ignoring the fraud in Chicago. Aren't Fannie and Freddie wreckage enough by the Feds? More Malkin:
The lives of coyotes, deer and prairie dogs would be elevated above states’ needs to generate jobs, tourism business and energy solutions.
I say raze Hyde Park. And our President Barack Obama can pat a cougar or coyote. Naturally.

--crossposted at BackyardConservative

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers